Wednesday 22 July 2009

This will put you off cupcakes for a while, and also art.

Share

"Aww, a kid made his mom a birthday card", right? Nope, a grown woman bought herself a pile of overpriced "European high-quality art supplies" and tried to sell these cards to people for money.

It looks like a Slushie made out of real road slush.

It looks like a cupcake, if by cup you mean a picket fence and by cake you mean liquified fug.

It looks like Shrek's nipple.

It looks like somebody ate a maraschino cherry, a bunch of peas, and a muffin baking paper and then threw them up in reverse order.

I could go on like this. But I guess ultimately, more than anything else it just looks like about $100 wasted on fancy oil pastels.

7 comments:

  1. Owwww, it makes not one, but both of my eyes burn with its white hot fire of banality.

    Maybe she should drawn a few lines suggesting the cupcake and taken the Henry Matisse route of the modern art charlatan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'have drawn' that is. As I said, my eyes are still hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought I was the only Etsy browser thinking "So what?" after finding entire shops based on such crappy cupcake crafts.

    Glad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already hated art, of course. Who doesn't?

    But now I hate cup cakes, too. And, by extension, possibly gateaux, swiss rolls and fudge fingers as well.

    Thanks, anonymous 'crafter'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well what flavor is it suppose to be? Mustard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I believe I could do better and I can't draw at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I don't get this cupcake craze. I mean, I LIKE to eat cake...but to wear food? Or to write on it? Or to just "look" at it (as decoration?) well, guess it's a fad like pet rocks, troll dolls and all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails