Sunday 24 May 2009

Just Because You Can Doesn't Always Mean That You Should

Share
You know, I think that every idiot, at some point in their life, has had a desire to stick some toothpicks in a potato and called it a porcupine, much like the desire to stick black olives onto the ends of your fingers when no-one is looking just to see if they fit. To actually take said toothpicks, though, and create a massive varnished porcupine with uneven curly metal whiskers and shiny beaver teeth, and then, then, to attach the whole thing to a wooden plaque for displaying, well that there takes a special kind of genius.

12 comments:

  1. you've got to know that whoever made that thing must hover over it with a box of fresh toothpicks, so as to replace any that are removed by thoughtless people with something stuck in their teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lot of that stuff you get to see in trailer homes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me, the brass museum tag and fancy base is what ironically screams 'I think this is my best artwork ever', which is why I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if it's an award. And if so, what for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This could be the ugliest DUST MOTEL I've ever seen!! this made my day..!
    yowie...

    jose
    my art: http://josesinclair.blogspot.com
    movies: http://worldsbestfilms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where, oh where, is one going to hang that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It could be worse. That person could have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shit....I jumped back when this page loaded!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lurks in the minds of people?!?! Egads!!! I bet the person who made that has a little homemade apron on their Palmolive dish soap bottle.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought this was a beaver, shot by tiny little toothpick arrows. I mean, seriously. Look at those teeth. Are those chicklets?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate this... trophy just as much as I love porcupines. Who are my favorite animals, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In our family, putting black olives on your fingers was a thanksgiving tradition. It was a pretty lame family, admittedly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails