Monday 29 December 2008

Wrong-Cat

Share
Lord knows I love a good lolcat. I am all about them, all the time. I love the way they can't figure out basic spelling. I adore the way they never got the hang of grammar. I can't get enough of their capricious and often rakishly-angled little faces, looking up, asking if they can haz a cheezburger or buket or other such foolishness. So, I get it. I really do. What I don't get, though, is the desire to recreate a lolcat (the famous "long-cat," in this scenario) out of 20 feet of felt. Regardless of whether or not this plush cat was made in irony, or faux-hippyism, or as-previously-unseen levels of sheer rediculosity, the end product here is a surprised-looking stuffed tapeworm longer than their couch. And only a surprised-looking stuffed tapeworm longer than their couch. And yet, somehow, they seem so pleased.

2 comments:

  1. Lolcats always make me smile! What disturbs me more than the 'longcat' here though, is the matching of the t-shirt that wouldn't look out of place on someone at an early 90s rave with the pyjama bottoms that surely belong to 12-year-old girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fellas.

    I come from the future to assert that Longcat is indeed long.

    That'll be all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails